Listed below are helpful links for further readings, explanations, and general help to become better acquainted with EL students and how to help them succeed in your class.
– This entire website has numerous teaching strategies, featured articles, contemporary issues, and general information on EL students. This website is a must visit.
– This is a helpful document published by the NCTE about EL students and recommendations to employ in the classroom.
– This links to a document created by NYU that focuses on teaching strategies for EL students specifically for Social Studies.
– Another link this time from the Arizona DoE on strategies to use in your classroom to help EL students, specifically with Social Studies in mind.
– A webpage that has links to dozens of further resources, again focused on EL students and Social Studies.
– Several fun ways to use photo’s with EL students to help content comprehension.